I’ve finally started my Youtube channel! You can find me there at Small Bobbins, and keep up as I attempt to vlog my makes and plans, fabric hauls, plus a tutorial here and there. I’m already totally enamored with the process of filming and editing, and excited to improve that with each video (I’m already working on a proper intro/outro for the next one!)
I will probably post a corresponding blog post for each vlog, kind of like an extended description and notes section. Plus, I’ll embed the videos here if you don’t use Youtube as frequently.
I really went into filming intending it to be my “November” plans, but then it just kept going… and going… so I guess I’ll consider this my “late Autumn/early Winter” plans.
I ramble a lot about Slow Fashion October, you can check out those blog posts I mentioned here:
Here are links (where possible) to the patterns and fabrics I mentioned:
- Nettie bodysuit from Closet Case Patterns and Cannes bodysuit from Kommatia Patterns. The striped fabric came from The Fabric Sales and the grey and cream fabrics came from a stand at Stoffen Spektakel (which is sort of like the Belgian version of the UK’s Knitting and Stitching show).
- Bianca shirt from Wear Lemonade (it’s a free pattern!)t, fabric from Stoffen Spektakel
- Perkins shirt from Ensemble Patterns, fabric from Stoffen Spektakel
- Kabuki tee from Paper Theory, fabric from Miss Matatabi (sold out now)
- vintage Simplicity 7820 (there’s at least a few kicking around Etsy, or check Ebay too!), fabric from Stoffen Spektakel (I didn’t realize until now how much of my stash is from there!)
- Ginger jeans from Closet Case Patterns and Lander pants from True Bias. The dark grey fabric came from The Fabric Sales and the light grey from a destash sale.
- Amsterdam blazer from Oraguese Patterns, fabric from Samira Fabrics (a discount fabric shop in my neighborhood with no website).
- Gaia coat from Named Patterns, the navy wool from Abakhan (from a couple years ago, I couldn’t find anything similar on their site now) and the grey wool/cashmere and the light blue lining both came from The Fabric Sales.
- Evelyn romper from Ohhh Lulu, yellow/blue striped Froy and Dind fabric from… I can’t remember now, but maybe de Stoffenkamer?
- Make My Lemonade (another free pattern!) pajama shirt, Fifi pajamas from Tilly and the Buttons, and Spring shorts (another freebie!!) from Peppermint Magazine. Fabric from Stoffen Spektakel.
- Hanna bralette and kit from Studio Costura
- Noelle bralette (another free pattern!) from Madalynne Intimates, no idea where the lace came from because my lingerie-making stash is out of control.
What’s the thing you’re most excited to make this month/season? I think if I had to choose a favorite… probably I’d say the Amsterdam blazer.